About Jane Leathley
I have over twenty-five years experience of organisational and project management in the community and voluntary sector, including six years at Chief Executive Officer level. I am based in Sheffield and have been working freelance since 2005. In 2019 I took on a part time role delivering monitoring and evaluation work for Sheffield Young Carers while continuing with freelance work on a part-time basis.
My last full-time employed role was as Director of the South Yorkshire Funding Advice Bureau, a sub-regional charity specialising in funding information and advice in the voluntary and community sector. Prior to this I held various roles (mainly focused on project development, management and funding) in a range of voluntary and community sector organisations. These included housing and tenant participation initiatives, welfare rights advice, environmental organisations and community enterprises.
Regular clients include:
Co:Create: providing consultancy, training, facilitation and strategic support to help organisations and groups to take the necessary steps to allow co-production to happen in a holistic, meaningful way
- ASSIST Sheffield: providing funding advisory and support services to a local Asylum seekers charity.
Football Unites, Racism Divides: Supporting a youth and community sports organisation with their funding strategy and bids for a range of projects.
In addition to these regular clients I deliver occassional and one off support with funding applicaitons, tenders, project evaluations and planning to a wide range of mostly local, small to meduim sized voluntary organisations.
I'm also a member of Consultants For Good - a UK network of voluntary sector consultants. You can search their directory of over 100 specialist and generalist consultants to find the right person to meet your needs.
Qualifications and training
- Case Mapping Master Class, Vanguard Consulting, 2021
- MSc Information Management, University of Sheffield 2006
- Diploma in plain English writing, Plain English Campaign 2003
- Certificate in High Performance Teams, LloydsTSB Management Development Programme 2000
- Certificate in Housing Association Finance, LGTB 1990
- BA (hons) Communication Studies, Sheffield City Polytechnic 1987
I have been an active trustee and volunteer for a wide range of community organisations and charities for more than 25 years.