About Jane Leathley
I have over twenty-five years experience of organisational and project management in the community and voluntary sector, including six years at Chief Executive Officer level. I am based in Sheffield and have been working freelance since 2005.
Key experience, skills and areas of work:
- voluntary and community sector funding
- project management and development
- information management
- project evaluation, review and research
- plain English editing and copywriting
- website content research, management and editing
My last employed role was as Director of the South Yorkshire Funding Advice Bureau, a sub-regional charity specialising in funding information and advice in the voluntary and community sector. Prior to this I held various roles (mainly focused on project development, management and funding) in a range of voluntary and community sector organisations. These included housing and tenant participation initiatives, welfare rights advice, environmental organisations and community enterprises.
Recent commissions include
Work as a Big Potential Advisor providing Business Planning, Social Impact Measurement and a Governance Review for a community nursery.
- Providing funding advisory and support services to a local Asylum seekers charity.
Supporting a youth and community sports organisation with their funding strategy and bids for a range of projects.
- Evaluated failed bids and advised on strategy for a local educational charity.
- Workshops to support the establishment of a new, multidisciplinary team for a local infrastruture organisation.
Developing forward plans, responding to tender opportunities, identifying funding sources and supporting several local voluntary sector service providers to develop bids - raising a total of £3.2 million in 2016-17.
Deliviering a project evaluation for a lottery funded Eating Disorders project in South Yorkshire.
Working as an Associate for Voluntary Action Sheffield to deliver an organisational Policy Review for a community centre in Goole, East Yorkshire.
Facilitating Away Days for several local voluntary sector organisations.
Delivering Governance training to trustees of a local mental health charity in Rotherham.
Strategic Planning training day for health focused VCS groups in Calderdale.
Providing interim Business Manager role for a mental health charity in Sheffield.
Aligning internal systems following the merger of three service delivery consortia.
Providing non-managerial support to lone managers of two small voluntary organisations as they work through organisational change and design and implement forward plans.
Re-drafting key organisational documents to support the merger of three service delivery consortia.
Supporting a partnership of Local Infrastructure Organisations in Sheffield to develop a city wide strategic bid.
Project Management for the Targeted Support Fund - a £1 million, two year programme supporting Community Empowerment activities in six local authority areas in Yorkshire and the Humber.
Project Management support with CRM implementation for local infrastructure organisations and VC-Connect
Qualifications and training
- MSc Information Management, University of Sheffield 2006
- Diploma in plain English writing, Plain English Campaign 2003
- Certificate in High Performance Teams, LloydsTSB Management Development Programme 2000
- Certificate in Housing Association Finance, LGTB 1990
- BA (hons) Communication Studies, Sheffield City Polytechnic 1987
I have been an active trustee and volunteer for a wide range of community organisations and charities for more than 25 years.