Project Management support with database implementation
Review and design of information systems - analysing data, information, process and work flows to see what’s happening, how to improve it and how to effectively manage and report.
Designing processes to get the right information to the right people at the right time and in the right format(s).
Researching and creating information that meets user needs.
Plain English editing and copy writing.
Website content research, management and editing.
I have many years experience of creating accessible information on a range of issues for members of local community groups.
I have provided copywriting services for a range of voluntary sector websites - ensuring accuracy, acessibility, plain English and search optimisation.
I have supported organisations with database implementation - supporting managers and staff to make choices with databse configuration and working to ensure operational success.
I also have experience of taking an outward facing information service and an organisation through the process of shifting from largely paper based systems with some stand-alone IT systems through to developing integrated IT systems.
I have an MSc in Information Management from the University of Sheffield (2006) and the Plain English Campaign’s diploma in plain English writing.
Examples of freelance commissions delivered
- Project Management support with database implementation for local infrastructure organisations and VC-Connect
- Design and implementation of contract management and monitoring systems for a VCS infrastructure consortium in Essex - ESTIC
- Developing information systems known as organisational Knowledge Maps™ as an associate for First Adapt
- A user survey for FunderFinder to support the development of a new online resource.
- Researching and developing content and acting as editor for national voluntary sector funding information websites.
- Plain English copywriting and editing for websites, information sheets, training and marketing materials.